So the experiment is complete - freezing mushrooms works!
The puffballs were delicious in the stroganoff.
Next summer......watch out mushrooms!
Welcome to my food blog! 🍳 Discover easy recipes, home cooking videos, honest food reviews, taste tests, and new food products worth trying. From homemade meals and delicious comfort food to trending snacks and taste-testing new finds, I share real opinions, cooking inspiration, and fun food discoveries. Follow along for recipe ideas, food recommendations, kitchen inspiration, and plenty of delicious things to try!
I love puffballs. One of my neighbors forages for them and occasionally I find gifts of basketball sized puffballs on our porch. I've never frozen them "as is", but usually make soup or something and freeze that. Will have try freezing again.
ReplyDeletePete - Basketball sizes!?! Wow! I would love to find those puffballs.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to mention that I sliced and fried the puffballs before I froze them.